Two women from the group and I volunteered to put together bereavement care packages. In the package was a blanket, plaster to form a footprint, plus additional items. Local hospitals give a package to every parent who loses a baby. The three of us were recipients of a package. My brain was glad to give back. My heart was sad as each package represents such loss; loss of a life and loss of so many dreams.
I offered to drop off care packages (10 boy, 10 girl, and 10 gender neutral) to a hospital near my work- not the hospital I delivered in! My one-handedness made it necessary for me to take two trips to the labor and delivery ward. In those two trips, I saw FOUR blissfully happy women holding infants being wheeled downstairs by a staff person while the bewildered dads trailed behind carrying armfuls of gifts. Oh how I envy those women!
No comments:
Post a Comment