With the new year, 365 day challenges seem to be on blogs every where. From photography, exercising, weight loss, going green, trying something new, etc. The idea is simple (at least it sounds so), to do/notice something every day and post it. The idea of a challenge is nice. But honestly, I'm to lazy to commit to exercising or taking a photo daily. And how can posting a photo a day improve my life? Yes it sounds fun, but I don't see how it would help.
Hopelessness, not seeing the value, there it is. Feeling hopeless is what I'm struggling with. January 20, 2010 just after 3:30pm my life crumbed as I laid there staring at screen that didn't show a beating heart, only darkness, blackness. All my hopes and dreams for this life were ripped from my heart. Since then I haven't hoped or dreamed. I know I'm not unusually for this feeling, yet I still don't like it. Therefore, I'm challenging myself to find hope. Wikipedia defines hope as "a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life".
I challenge myself to find Hope in this world... Hope in life after this world... Hope in others (non-BLM)... Hope in my life... Hope in a future
Every day I will do or notice at least one thing and post. Already, I'm already behind, but from this point I will give it my best.
Every day I will do or notice at least one thing and post. Already, I'm already behind, but from this point I will give it my best.
Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come.- Anne Lamott
Well I am starting from the darkness place one could imagine.
Hope is the grief's best music.- Author Unknown
Please grief help me hear music again.
Click on the 365 Days of Hope page to the right to follow the journey.
1 comment:
What a good idea..have you read "The One Year Book of Hope" by Nancy Guthrie? She lost two babies to Zellweger Syndrome. It might be a good read while you are on this challenge of finding hope..if you find any secrets let me in on them! I could use some hope myself..Good luck!! Praying for you as you come closer to when your life changed forever..
Post a Comment