Friday, January 21, 2011

Missing You

Precious Payton,
I cannot believe it has been one year since I held you in my arms... One year since I said hello and goodbye. Instead of planning a birthday party, I will be decorating your grave.
Some days losing you seems unreal, like a bad dream, a figment of my imagination. Some days the pain in my heart feels strong enough to kill me. You were apart of our life for 36 wonderful weeks. Your kicks woke me. We shared secrets while driving. Nausea was your way of telling me you were hungry. You kicked to let your father know you were listening. Your sister kiss my belly goodnight.
Payton, your dad, sister and I miss you so much. We wish you were here. Not a moment goes by that you are not in my thoughts. Whatever I do, everywhere I go, I'm reminded you are not here with us. There is a bedroom with an empty crib... An infant seat missing from the backseat of my car... Pictures of you are missing... Diapers, bottles, bibs, toys left unused.
I try to remember we will be together soon, but it does not always help.
Loving and missing you always,
Mommy

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Much love and many hugs to you..I'm sure it is a tough day..mine is coming up in less than a month now..Praying for an easy day for you..I can remember how hard it was when my other kids would want to kiss my belly even after she was gone..You are in my thoughts today..

Mattie said...

(((BIG HUGS)))