Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Less Than Comforting

There are days when the constant reminders are comforting. Then there are days when the reminders are less than comforting. Today is one of those days.

Today is my preparing for our Florida trip day; washing laundry, packing, and shopping for snacks and activities to keep Tatum busy on the four-hour flight. The store was full of reminders, everywhere. The book section with books entitled "The New Baby" and "Sisters". The clothing department with a "Little Sister" t-shirt. The electronic department with TV commercials featuring babies. Throughout the store were groups of sisters.

My heart was already hurting. My brain already filled with thoughts of Payton. She should be traveling with us. I should be worried about how to keep a five-month old happy during the flight. I should be excited to introduce Payton and Tatum to extended family members. Instead, I am dreading seeing many family members I have not seen since before losing Payton. In the store, I threw back my head and said, "Please not today". Thankfully, the reminders ended, at least until bedtime. Tatum insisted on wearing her butterfly pj's.

No comments: