Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pain or Nothing?

Lately I have been feeling numb, nothing. I use to think feeling numb was better than pain. Whenever I'd hear the lyrics “Cause I’d rather feel pain than nothing at all” from Three Days Grace's 'Pain', I would wonder why anyone would rather feel pain. Now I get it. When you are numb, not only do you not feel pain but you also don't feel happiness or any other emotion.

Today I ran into a colleague I have not seen in about a year. The first thing she said to me, "you had another baby, right?'. It took my breath away. My brain scrambled for what to say. In the end, I simply told her that we lost our daughter. Her response was exactly how I always want people to respond, "I'm so sorry. That must be so hard. How are you doing?" And than she did not avoid me like I have the plague.

This afternoon I received a beautiful picture from Emalee. Thank you!

No comments: