Sunday, June 20, 2010

Good Friends

I’m so tired of feeling angry with the thoughtless people in my life. This week three good friends blessed me. I’ve decided to focus on them.

A book, yes I'm still reading, slowly reading every book I can. Guess I'm still hoping to find answers, although I know there are no good answers. Anyway, my childhood friend, Liz sent me a book and I received it exactly when I needed it!

A friend/coworker, Bri stopped by to see how Dustin and I are doing. I’m so touched she continues to think of us. She gave birth to a child 10 days before we lost Payton. Her son was two months premature. He was in the NICU and still she came to Payton’s service. To this day I don't know how she did it. Anyhow, during our conversation she asked if she could walk with us in A Walk to Remember and wear our team shirt honoring Payton. She also said she has been to Payton's gravesite.

Mor and I met during our first pregnancies at prenatal yoga. She has two beautiful daughters, a 2.5-years-old (exactly two weeks older then Tatum) and an 11-month-old. She was thoughtful to ask if she should leave the 11-month-old with a sitter while she and I had lunch. During lunch she let me talk about Payton and she asked questions about her. Mor also asked if she could visit Payton's gravesite.

Simple acts and yet I cannot express the gratitude and love I have for these three incredible women. None have lost a child but are empathic and remember. It brings tears of joy and love when I think of their compassion. I wish more people were as wonderful.

I continue to be thankful for the ladies from our group. My heart still breaks for their loss but I’m glad not to have to walk this road alone. Their understanding, remembrance, and occasional reality (the new reality) check that I am not crazy is extremely helpful, keeps me sane.

No comments: